On Demand Consultancy
- One hour of screen sharing with the maintainer.
- Same-day slots often available.
- Book directly from the calendar using PayPal.
Annual Support Plans
- Guaranteed response to critical issues in under 1 business day.
- Support provided via email, chat and VoIP.
- From the team behind PostGraphile.
- Plans start at $125/mo.
- NDA available.
Standard Support Plan
Our standard support plan gives your team access to the knowledge and experience of PostGraphile's maintainer for any issues you face whilst using PostGraphile. Response times are guaranteed based on the severity of the incoming support request:
- critical: 1 business day
- serious: 1.5 business days
- moderate: 2 business days
- minor: 5 business days
Support time is capped at 4 hours per month, after which additional support is available for an hourly rate.
Price: $250/mo (+ VAT where applicable)
Budget Support Plan
Our budget support plan is highly competetive and easy to understand: it's half the price of the standard plan, is capped at half the hours, and has double the response times. It's particularly suitable for solo founders, pre-revenue startups and non-profits.
- critical: 2 business day
- serious: 3 business days
- moderate: 4 business days
- minor: 10 business days
Support time is capped at 2 hours per month, after which additional support is available for an hourly rate.
Price: $125/mo (+ VAT where applicable)
How is severity classified?
We classify the severity of incoming support requests according to these classes:
- critical: the Software is inoperable or a core function of the Software is unavailable or a critical security vulnerability in the Software is discovered;
- serious: a core function of the Software is significantly impaired;
- moderate: a core function of the Software is impaired, where the impairment does not constitute a serious issue; or a non-core function of the Software is significantly impaired; and
- minor: any impairment of the Software not falling into the above categories; and any cosmetic issue affecting the Software or its documentation.
Does the support plan cover large/complex deployments, and multi-stage QA pipelines?
The advertised fee is not affected by how you deploy, or how many development environments you have. However, you should note that the support plan covers PostGraphile issues only, it does not cover external concerns such as your servers, routing, proxying and deployment — we cannot help you debug your Kubernetes cluster, or help spot an issue in your nginx config.
Do support hours rollover from month to month?
No; you are not paying for "support hours," you are paying for access to support within a guaranteed timeframe if you hit a bug in the PostGraphile software, or an issue with your use of PostGraphile where the solution is not well documented. We're a small open source company with limited resources, so we must apply a cap to the hours we can spend helping you so that we can honour our other responsibilities. In normal situations you should never come near to this cap, since we can answer most queries rapidly.
What kind of things can the support be used for?
The main use case for PostGraphile support is that if you hit a bug in PostGraphile, we can help you to understand it, and advise you on how to work around the issue until a fix is available. Given PostGraphile's MIT license (which disclaims all liabilities), having the guarantee of a rapid response to production issues you may face is the main value proposition of the support plan.
A secondary use case is if the PostGraphile documentation is unclear or lacking in a particular area, we can prioritise fixing it, and can provide you with a solution/explanation in the interrim.
Experimental features of PostGraphile (these are marked with 'experimental' or 'EXPERIMENTAL' in the documentation) are not officially covered under the support agreement, but if we're able we will try and help you with these also.
Support cannot be used:
- for general consulting,
- for brainstorming,
- for development of new features or plugins.
What other benefits does a support plan give me?
On our Discord chat, members are given coloured name badges if they support PostGraphile in some way (sponsorship, support plan, etc). Unofficially, we can allocate more time to helping these members with coloured name badges.