On Demand Consultancy
For timely help when you don't have a support plan
- One-on-one time with Graphile's maintainer
- Same-day slots often available
- One hour of voice/screensharing for $500
- Book directly from the calendar using a credit or debit card
Timely access to the Graphile team throughout the year
- Prioritised tickets for issues you have with the Graphile suite
- Guaranteed response to critical issues in under 2 business days
- NDA available
Our Support Plan gives your team access to the knowledge and experience of the Graphile team for any issues you have with PostGraphile and the Graphile suite.
Price: $300/mo, paid quarterly or annually (+ VAT where applicable)
What are the response times?
Response times are guaranteed based on the severity of the incoming support request:
- critical: 2 business days
- all other classes of severity: 5 business days
How is severity classified?
We classify the severity of incoming support requests according to these classes:
- critical: the Software is inoperable or a core function of the Software is unavailable or a critical security vulnerability in the Software is discovered;
- serious: a core function of the Software is significantly impaired;
- moderate: a core function of the Software is impaired, where the impairment does not constitute a serious issue; or a non-core function of the Software is significantly impaired; and
- minor: any impairment of the Software not falling into the above categories; and any cosmetic issue affecting the Software or its documentation.
Does the support plan cover large/complex deployments, and multi-stage QA pipelines?
The advertised fee is not affected by how you deploy, or how many development environments you have. However, you should note that the support plan covers issues with the Graphile suite only, it does not cover external concerns such as your servers, routing, proxying and deployment — we cannot help you debug your Kubernetes cluster, or help spot an issue in your nginx config.
What kind of things can the support be used for?
The main use case for Graphile support is that if you hit a bug in PostGraphile or the Graphile suite of tools, we can help you to understand it, and advise you on how to work around the issue until a fix is available. Given PostGraphile's MIT license (which disclaims all liabilities), having the guarantee of a rapid response to production or development issues is the main value proposition of the support plan.
A secondary use case is if the documentation is unclear or lacking in a particular area, we can prioritise fixing it, and can provide you with a solution/explanation in the interim.
Experimental features of PostGraphile (these are marked with 'experimental' or 'EXPERIMENTAL' in the documentation) are not officially covered under the support agreement, but if we're able we will try and help you with these also.
Support requests cannot be used:
- for general consulting,
- for brainstorming,
- for development of new features or plugins.
What other benefits does a support plan give me?
On our Discord chat, members are given coloured name badges if they support our open source endeavours in some way (sponsorship, support plan, etc). Unofficially, we can allocate more time to helping these members with coloured name badges.